Wednesday, July 3, 2013

First Concert Experience


Sing Away

Can't you see my excitement!
 I know it's hard to believe but in my mid twenties I just experienced my very first concert. I now totally understand all the hype behind going to see a musician live. After seeing my friends' faces when I stated that I have never been to a concert I knew it was time for a change. I hopped onto my favorite search engine and began my quest. I discovered that my favorite musician was playing in my city. BINGO! I found my first concert, Bruno Mars! If I'm going to experience my first concert what the heck, I should go all out and watch one of the greatest front and center. That is exactly what I did my friends! I bought my tickets, first level, right smack in the center. The only problem was the anticipation of waiting for show day.

The Barclays Center was jammed pack
When show day arrived I was ready and pumped, probably more than Bruno himself. I walked into the Barclays Center located in Brooklyn, New York and felt like a little kid awaiting their parents' permission to open their gifts on Christmas Day. I tried my best to soak in the moment. Bruno Mars' The Moonshine Jungle Tour concert was my first as well as my 56 years old mother. She never saw the need before to attend a concert but definitely caught the concert bug afterwards. Here's why...unbeknown to my mother and I, concerts set forth an invisible bubble of happiness, contentment, enjoyment and the spirit of being carefree. I didn't realize these feelings until the day after. I danced, screamed, singed, ate and waved my hands. I was on my feet the whole time not realizing for two hours I wasn't thinking about anything! There was nothing on my mind. I was at peace. I wasn't worry about the person next to me or behind me noticing my two left feet. I was in a trance but I was happy. I am now hook, no question about it!


     Bruno's Stage before showtime                                                                                                                           Showtime!





Have you ever been to a concert? What was your experience? Please leave a comment :)




So many lights made it hard to take a good picture.                 
However, I will always remember the moment :)                                                                          




                   

 Can you believe Bruno Mars and                                    his bandmates wore those red suits for  more than an hour! They only changed twice!


No comments:

Post a Comment