Friday, July 26, 2013

The Positives of Riding Washington D.C.'s Metro


Why I love riding Washington D.C.'s Metro!

Being from New York City, I always take public transportation. It's one of the cheapest ways to get around my huge city. I figured while I was in Washington DC I should take a stab at the Metro Rail system. To my discovery, I was amazed at this means of public transportation. I noticed after my commutes I didn’t find myself annoyed, frustrated or sweating from the subway station's heat. Therefore, I knew I had to add the Metrorail into my toolkit box of happiness. Sorry, NYC but it now appears that you have been replaced. L Wondering how the city that never sleeps was left with its head hanging down by our country's capital? Here are my reasons as to why I prefer DC's Metro to NYC MTA system...





1.  The stations have wifi as well as the trains while moving in the tunnels

2.  The stations have platforms with air conditions

3.  There are no rodents which is due to the fact that foods and drinks are not allow on the platforms

4.  The trains system is quite easy to understand. Once you traveled twice using the Metrorail you will understand the whole system



5.  There’s carpet (appears to be vacuumed daily) within each train cart.



6.  The trains move at a quick pace

7.  It is silent in the trains (don’t expect performances to happen like in New York)

8.  There are no stairs, only escalators

http://living-in-washingtondc.com


9.    There are LCD screens listing the next trains arrival time and destination


10.  The trains’ seats are cushioned which makes your ride even more comfortable. 

My brother and I taking a picture near the comfortable Metro train seats


Did you enjoy this post? If so, please consider sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or via Email. Also, I'd love to keep sending you updates about my journey of maintaining inner happiness, so please subscribe to Staircase to Life.