Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cooking 101


What's for Dinner?

Summer happens to be the season in which the family comes together for family's gatherings in the backyard. I live in an apartment building. My family comes together in my dinning room. It's big, cozy and most importantly has air condition...can't go wrong there! I have had the desired to create a new meal for my family. Last time it was pizza now it is...shrimp! I love shrimp doesn't matter the form or coating but I have never made it nor watched another person create it. I had a mission in front of me...how do I prepare a delicious finger-licking shrimp meal? Well, after much Google searching (remember its my best friend) I found the prefect way to make a shrimp loving meal. Take out your measuring cup...I'm here to share my shrimp and rice dinner!

Shrimp and Rice Ingredients

   Shrimp, peeled and with tails removed
   1 onion chopped into pieces
   Half of a tomato
   Red pepper chopped into pieces
   Garlic powder
   Olive Oil
   Marinate Sauce
   Rice (Zatarain’s New Orleans Style Dirty Rice Mix)
   Saucepan (2)

One thing I must say about myself is that I don’t measure anything while cooking. I use my senses of sight, smell and taste to determine if the meal I am cooking is exceeding standards. This method generally works...sorry but you will not find any real measurements while reading this post.
Shrimps cooking in Saucepan

Directions:

Before any cooking takes place. Marinate shrimp with Stubb’s Chicken (Citrus and Onions) All-Natural Marinade for an hour. Although, it’s chicken marinade it really slams favor into the shrimp. Once the hour has been completed, heat saucepan.  Pour oil into saucepan, once at a boil add onion, tomato, red pepper pieces and three shakes of garlic powder. Add shrimp after three minutes. Cook shrimp until they are pink. Cooking shrimp should take about five minutes. I placed my cooked shrimp into a bowl with a cover to remain warm. While the shrimps were in the bowl I began to cook the rice. I followed all the directions on the back of the rice’s box. The rice took 25 minutes to cook. When the rice was cooked I added the shrimp back into the rice bowl and served.

Bon Appetit!!

 Dinner for a family of four received huge reviews. I can't wait to make a new meal using shrimps. Have you ever prepared a meal with shrimps? If so, I would love for you to share your experience in the comment box below!


No comments:

Post a Comment