Monday, July 29, 2013

Highlighting Washington D.C. through Photos

I just returned from Washington D.C. with my younger, teenage brother. I can't believe I had such a fabulous time in my country's capital. My visit was arranged with the thought of educating my brother with further knowledge of our country's history. I was blown away with shock when I realized I was learning just as much as him. The saying, "everyday you learn a new lesson" held its true value throughout our stay. Although, I enjoyed my one on one time with my brother, seeing and experiencing Washington D.C. as an adult was just as much a feeling of enjoyment. Therefore, I thought it would be fun to share some photos that remind me of my wonderful time in Washington D.C. with you!


My highlights of Washington D.C. through Photos:

Being able to see the United States' Capital Building from my hotel's rooftop pool. While congress was in session I was doing doggy paddles.

"If I studied all my life, I couldn't think up half the number of funny things passed in one session of congress."
-Will Rogers



Standing on the platform that 50 years ago, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his "I Have a Dream" speech.
"The difference between a dreamer and a visionary is that a dreamer has his eyes closed and a  visionary has his eyes open."
 
-Martin Luther King, I Have a Dream


 Seeing previous and current first ladies' inauguration gowns. Too bad I couldn't try the gowns on.
"...there is no formal job description for the first lady of the United States, so we have the good fortune of being able to to decide what we want to do"
-Michelle Obama, April 28,2011

Working like a true "Rosie the Riveter" installing riveters into an aircraft.
"While other girls attend their favorite cocktail bar. Sipping Martinis, munching caviar, there's a girl who's really putting them to shame.
Rosie is her name!"

Eating Ben's Famous Chili Dogs with chips from Ben's Chili Bowl 


















Walking through the National Mall at night. It was an breathe taking experience. You should take the DC Tour by Foot to experience and learn about the monuments and memorials...did I mentioned it is FREE!


Tasting Ted's Bulletin famous homemade Pop Tarts...I need to take this baking class ASAP!


At the Smithsonian Museum of American History, saluting my fellow Americans like a future president...we never know!































What was your favorite experience in Washington D.C.? Leave a comment! Did you enjoy this post? If so, please consider sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or via Email. Also, I'd love to keep sending you updates about my journey of maintaining inner happiness, so please subscribe to Staircase to Life.