Monday, July 22, 2013

Cooking In My Kitchen

A Pizza Perfection

Feel that rumble within your stomach? Well, that's your stomach telling your mind that you are hungry. It is time for you to get up and walk to your kitchen. Forget, picking up your phone and dialing your local Chinese Restaurant, instead make your own meal. If you haven't realized it yet; well isn't today your lucky day, I am here to tell you that cooking…yes cooking, can captive you into an aroma of happiness. I recently looked into my bucket list to take a stir at some items I have listed down. As you can tell one of the items was to cook. Now the question was "what should I cook?" Being from NYC our signature food is pizza. I love pizza! Hey! Why not make my first homemade pizza!?! 

Homemade Pizza Ingredients
  • Boboli Dough (making dough from scratch will take the whole day)
  • Olive Oil
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Part-Skim Shred Mozzarella
  • Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
  • Spinach Leaves
** Special Equipment Needed
  • Flat Baking Sheet
  • Pizza Wheel for cutting the pizza

After
Directions:
Before 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush olive oil on flat baking sheet. Place Boboli pizza crust onto baking sheet. Spread tomato sauce on crust leaving 1 inch around the edge. Top pizza with part-skim shred mozzarella and spinach leaves. Then drop part-skim Ricotta cheese spoonfuls evenly around pizza. Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted to your desire.




I happened to make half just mozzarella and the half mozzarella, spinach leaves and ricotta cheese. Living with teenage brother they detest anything that falls into the category of healthy. If had I could make it again (which I will) I would make sure to leave more room for the crust, I was a little too tomato sauce happy. Overall I received great review and definitely will make pizza for dinner again!


Have you ever made pizza? Please share your experience by commenting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment