Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A TO Z Challenge: G is for Guilty…Guilty Pleasures


 Shhh!!! We all have them. We all secretly love them. Why else would we call them guilty pleasures? From eating chocolate chip cookies in bed while watching the Real Housewives of Orange County to reading Young Adult novels when you're CLEARLY not a teenager any longer, guilty pleasures  are something we all have. The term "guilty pleasure" is defined as things we should not  like but like anyway. In basic words, a guilty pleasure is something that you actually enjoy but are ashamed to tell others. 

Now it's time to throw the dark shade sunglasses away because I am about to indulged in my top ten guilty pleasures!

"My Guilty Pleasures" 

1. The Spice Girls (Yes! They are still in heavy rotation on my iPod)


2. The Real Housewives franchise 
3. Wendy Williams (you really shouldn't judge )
5. Gossip Magazines 
6. Vampire Diaries ( I am very aware of my age and the difference of the age group that watches this series)
7. Dance Moms 
8. Writing To-Do lists for everything
9. Richard Simmons work out videos ( I always have a great sweat following along to his moves and motivation)



10. Watching Cat Videos on YouTube



There, I say it! Please don't judge. I'm pretty sure you have a little list of your own that you're a little ashamed of telling others. :)  

Leave a comment. Did you enjoy this post? If so, please consider sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or via Email. Also, I'd love to keep sending you updates about my journey of maintaining inner happiness, so please subscribe to Staircase to Life.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I definitely sing along unashamed to some Spice Girls songs. And have been known to get stuck in the animal video portion of youtube. Lol. However, I do have to say that I have unsavory memories of Richard Simmons because that was how my mom would make me stay awake if I were up late doing homework I procrastinated on. Lol!

Sarah from Scribbles and Shorts

Mandy said...

Sometimes you just have to "Spice up your life!" Sorry to hear about your Richard Simmons experience but at least you were able to listen to some great music as you did you homework. I tried Hip Hop Abs but for some reason I always seem to return back to Richard. I always wish to attend a live class one day. Thank you for your comment!

Post a Comment