Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A TO Z Challenge: H is for Home


Some like to call me a hermit crab minus the concept of me searching for a new home. I can't help it. I actually enjoy staying at home relaxing and spending time with my cat. Although, he prefers to spend his time sleeping in a shoe box. I love being at home and doing the things that make me happy.  

Yes, I know there are so many things happening outside but the same can be said about your home. You just have to make it happen! Sitting on the couch and watching television isn't the only answer. Try something new, like reading a book, marching in place during each commercial if your preference is to stay at home and watch television, write a letter to someone nearest and dearest to your heart, look out the window (just don't be creeping about it) or if you have cans of beans in your pantry take two out and do arm lifts. Who said you need gym materials to do exercise? Stay active as you would outside. 

 Now you have a little understanding of  why I prefer to just stay at home in my Captain Planet pajamas to do what makes me happy. You should do the same every once and awhile. After all, your home is your kingdom.  

Please leave a comment. Did you enjoy this post? If so, please consider sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or via Email. Also, I'd love to keep sending you updates about my journey of maintaining inner happiness, so please subscribe to Staircase to Life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I recently retired and becoming acquainted with my home! More and more I spend time at home rather than going out.... and I love it! My ultimate goal is to be a hermit crab also! Nice to meet you from A to Z!

Mandy said...

Ugh! I am so jealous of you! I have 30+ years ahead of me before I can see the retirement tunnel light. However, you deserve to relax at home and do what makes you happy. Order a nice pair of pajamas and slippers to make your time at home even more special. Thank you for your comment! :)

Post a Comment