Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Page Turner


Book Worm?
Reading takes you to the land of the unknown. It opens up the gateway of the imagination you never knew you had before. I have spent countless number of days stuck in the land of the protagonist's life of my "can't put down" novel. I always become so involved  in all the characters' lives that I find my "brain voice" (you know, the voice that speaks but doesn't require your mouth to move) yelling and screaming, "what are you doing!?! Don't speak to him, curse him out instead!"  (Yes, my "brain voice" can be quite brutal). Through my constant adventures in the novel world I have discovered being a book worm is  quite an easy way to instill an inner happiness. Have you ever found yourself smiling while reading? No one is speaking to you, in fact you might be alone, yet you're enjoying your quantity time with yourself on the couch, train, laundry room or toilet by reading and getting wrapped in the world of the novel's main character.  It's one of the best past times to capture your inner happiness.

Sometimes it is best to turned off the television and pick up a book. Need help choosing a great read? Here are some of my favorites:

Barbara Kingsolver, The Poison Wood Bible
Sue Monk Kidd,The Secret Lives of Bees
Kathryn Stockett, The Help
Henry James, Washington Square
Veronica Roth, Divergent (series of three books. Book three debuts, October)
Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
Suzanne Collins, Hunger Games (series of three books)
Lois Lowry, The Giver
S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
Sara Dessen- Dreamland

No comments:

Post a Comment